Saturday, December 20, 2008

Monday is for Menu

My son suggested having a vegetarian meal for Christmas but then decided that maybe he would like fish. Our tentative menu is as follows.

Meal
Salmon Steaks with Sweet Red Pepper Sauce (I'll use Atlantic salmon and leave out the wine.)
Smoked turkey breast (store bought - only a little piece)
Twiced baked potatoes (Though I leave out the bacon and onion. I bake the potato the day before with the pumpkin pie, make the filling and stuff the potato skins and leave them in the fridge until the next day when I bake them again.)
Sweet potatoes (but I'll cut them into cubes instead of fries)
Mushy peas (I'll just use a potato masher to mash them)
Cucumber Fan

Drink
Punch (going to try 2 parts orange juice, 1 part pineapple juice and 1 part gingerale)

Bread
Lori's Quick Rolls (easy to make and we like them)
Cheese Bread

Dessert
Pumpkin pie (my own recipe - I use carrots instead of pumpkin because we can't get pumpkin here)
Vegan Lemon Bars (I haven't tried these. I was looking for something eggless and I'll probably use butter! I'll only make it if there are any good lemons in the store.)

Other baking this week
Finnish Cinnamon Cookies
Date and Coconut Tosca Cake (recipe and video are in Finnish)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! What time is dinner? Have a wonderful Christmas.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours.