Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tossed it Thursday

32. May 2008 newspapers
33. Aug 2008 receipts (to paper recycling). I decided to start shredding them but I only have my son's little toy shredder and it took sooo long to do this. Either I'll have to reconsider shredding them or save them up and borrow someone's adult sized shredder.
34. overhead lamp (to attic in case we need it when we move)
35. balcony railing plant holder (back to owner)

36. 50 emails deleted. I've got a long way to go. This is only one of my email addresses. Marcia, of Organising Queen, has a picture of her inbox on her site and I'm aiming for something like that!



37. Son's sweatshirts and shirt. I'm counting this as decluttered even though I'm just moving them to my cupboard. I'm not sure how cold it will be at my new job during the winter so I'm keeping the sweatshirts that are too small for my son until I know. If I don't need them then I'll give them away.
38. magazines

5 comments:

Janet in Toronto said...

Good work! Splurge on a shredder...they put the fun in functional!

Amanda said...

great job at decluttering this week. I'm trying to empty my inbox too.

Marcia Francois said...

I love that you're decluttering emails too!!! often it's the things we can't see that cause us stress too!

Well done, Shirley!

Anonymous said...

Great job on your decluttering list.

I've been working on my paper monster and emails. I am finally down to 99. Started at 600+.

Diane said...

Yes the inbox is clean now but I keep getting emails ! So far I am keeping up with all of them and emptying them. I read them and then either delete, put into a folder , or respond then delete.
Mostly delete I love how it feels empty. I had over 2,000 msgs when I started cleaning them out 2 weeks ago.