Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thursday is for Tossing

I was talking with my sister and she told me that she has started to declutter and is trying to use up all of the food in her cupboards. I've never mentioned to her what I've been doing all of these months. It was such a strange coincidence, as we live on different continents.

Marcia, at Organising Queen, has taken the kitchen for January's declutter theme. Each week has a different theme and this week's is Tupperware or plastic containers. I can't imagine throwing Tupperware away, as it is too expensive. I don't have much anyway and I (think I) use it all.

151. plastic bottle (kitchen)
152. plastic containers (kitchen - Marcia's kitchen theme for this week)
153. basketball outfit (son's room)
154. 12 newspapers (my room - they are all finished! All we have to do now is read the articles I've cut out.)
155. swimming suit (son's room)
156. summer pjs (my room)
157. child's t-shirt (my room)

Jan/2009 Edited to add: Last spring and summer we were given several subscriptions to daily newspapers as gifts. The gift givers subscribed to them and then told us that we would be getting the newspapers. I'm not much of a newspaper reader and my son reads the news from his phone (though at first he thought that he would read the papers too, but reality is that he doesn't have the time), so they piled up. I didn't want to throw them away without reading them, but I kept putting off doing it. I needed to force myself to do it but now I'm glad it's done.

2 comments:

nia said...

Hi,

I check your blog from time to time and it is encouraging..Way to go!!! I only have a little question for you if you don't mind!!! WHY you do have all these newspapers? You read a lot ?? I always see that you toss some ...

Niamat

Marcia Francois said...

Shirley,now that I think about it, I also want to know why you have so many newspapers :)

Well done on the tossing :)