Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tossed it Thursday

It's so nice of Marica to keep hosting The Friday Declutter Challenge. I think I would have given up this week otherwise!

If anyone visited and peeked into my bedroom, they would wonder why I feel that I'm struggling to declutter things because there is so much in there to declutter! This week has been hard and I only gathered up the things today.

I suppose most people would just get rid of their old unread newspapers but I do want to read them. I haven't had the energy to read one a day this week. I had planned to write in this post that I really should let the kind people, who send us their free subscriptions bonuses, know that my son can read the news on his phone so that maybe they know someone else who would like the gift. Then my son told me today that his aunt had just sent him a text message that she was forwarding her newspaper to us for the two weeks she is going to be away! My goal for them is to read them on the day they arrive so I don't have to add them to the piles.

46. Empty plastic dishwasher detergent containers. I've been saving them in case we got our dishwasher fixed but it's been 3 years so I guess it was time to let them go. (I forgot to take a picture of them.)
47. 80 emails
48. Chatelaine magazines (1993 - 1997). Hopefully that's the last of them.
49. jars and lids (will they ever end?)
50. newspapers
51. books to a friend
52. microphone and wires back to their owner

3 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

Great job decluttering. It's great that we have someone to motivate us! thanks for stopping by.

HDMac said...

Oh my friend, you sound like me! I have had a hard time getting rid of magazines! lol... Crazy isn't it? Guess I have been afraid I will miss something.. but if I haven't missed it yet, I guess I won't! I still have stuff to go thru. I save things for someday craft items too... oh my!

Well, you did a great job! And I, too, am thankful for Marcia's challenge and each of us motivating each other!

Anonymous said...

oh, gosh, you should see my room! A little at a time though, that ought to wear it down eventually, right? I need to do some more clearing out soon, as I've been slacking lately. You keep up the good work, though!