Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tossed it Thursday

There is a cupboard in my son's room that is missing the bottom shelf. I have been using it as a good place to pile up unused clothes - those that are too small for him, those that I have bought for myself and haven't used yet or too often and other things like pillows and an air mattress and pump. I've started pulling out stuff from the pile so I can go through them. Once I found the first seven things and took the picture I realized that I'm procrastinating again! I'm suppose to focus on visible items in order to be ready for spring. I need to put signs up like 'FOCUS ON THE GOAL' or 'NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?' or even 'Is it in plain sight?' And why do I keep procrastinating about posting the week's decluttered items? I will have declutter the stuff from cupboards, etc. but it would be nice to have clean visible surfaces first.

What I've decluttered this week:
81. winter jacket
82. child's jean jacket
83. child's top
84. child's jeans
85. fall jacket
86. spring jacket
87. windbreaker

Marcia at Organizing Queen has asked us to leave a comment on her blog about what we are going to declutter next week so we will be accountable for it. I think that that is a great idea. Maybe I will try to do that on my blog too. So next week I'll declutter at least 5 blogs, emails and bookmarks, at least one packaged food (I want to try not to use many processed foods but I don't want to throw away the ones I have. I don't have much cupboard space either and I'm tired of food being stored on the table or counter.) and one item each from my room, my son's room and the living room. That's 5 items already.

3 comments:

HDMac said...

Good job!!! :) isn't it easy for some "spare" space behind a closed door to become a dumping grounds!/ I have to watch that too...

Forgetfulone said...

Nice goals! I need to do that. You did a great job this week! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Trish said...

I think you are doing a great job regardless of whether or not said items are actually visible. Besides, if you clear out the stuff behind the cupboard doors, that will give you more space to store the stuff that's currently out in the open!

Keep up the good work!